Friday, April 01, 2016

Musing from the bank of River Kuantan



Sitting there, under the shade of a huge Neem tree, facing Kuantan river, I gazed at ripples created by passing boats. Traffic noises in the background were almost silent in the serenity and tranquility offered by the vista.

The wind that ruffled my hair felt soothing, bringing along wafts of harbour, estuary smells that made me wrinkle my nose from time to time. Another boat passed by, halving the stream almost, churning silts from the bottom, muddying the water, sending waves to both sides of the river, which made little slapping sounds as they hit on the embankment near me.

I sat on under that Neem tree, enjoying the comfort its shades offered, at times flicking off little insects and ants that fell from its branches, to kill time, waiting for my beloveds to complete their errand.

(29/03/2016)

No comments: